Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Ellis Is Coming Early - Banquet Cancelled

From Coach Behrens:

Dear parents/players/coaches,

I have some unexpected news regarding my pregnancy. I may be getting induced tomorrow, Thurs. 22nd because of stress-induced high blood-pressure. We had a doctor’s appointment on Monday and my blood pressure was high; we ended up going home that night and calling the doctor because I was having headaches and blurred vision; my doctor advised us to come back to the birth center. We were given the option to induce that night, but my blood pressure went back down and Dan and I thought it was too “sudden”. Dan and I will go in tomorrow morning to get checked in and probably given the option of induction.

I am really sorry for the last minute change of plans; my idea is to give varsity players everything I originally was going to give them (plaques, gifts, etc.) and later maybe doing a “get together”. As for the younger teams, they will have to understand; they will get their stuff too.

Thank you for all your support this year; I know that at times it’s been difficult and cancelling the banquet only adds to it, but we had a great season and I am very proud to have coached these kids. They are outstanding student-athletes; and have surpassed all expectations!

Please, please let me know if you have any questions. Please feel free to call or email us any time. I will definitely be emailing to keep you updated.


Coach Thorsness is going to talk to Coach Behrens and decide what to do about the other three teams, so just hang in there a little bit on that, but the Varsity portion of the banquet is definitely postponed. We will post the team awards, etc when they are announced.

No comments: